FWC is an association of UCC members who consider themselves ECOT (evangelical, conservative, orthodox, or traditional). Our aims are to…
- Call ourselves and others to the founding vision of the United Church of Christ expressed in the UCC’s 1957 Basis of Union and 1961 Preamble to the Constitution.
- Promote unity in the UCC based on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the Word of God in Holy Scripture, and the historic and apostolic faith.
- Give congregations that have withdrawn or are considering withdrawal from the UCC a reason to return or remain.
- Form networks of churches, laity, and clergy committed to the vision of FWC.
- Seek fair treatment of ECOTs (evangelical, conservative, orthodox, or traditional) who desire to gain or retain ministerial standing in the UCC.
- Provide church leaders with sound ideas and healthy ways to engage difficult conversations over faith, ethics, and denominational relations.
Prayer. We call the church to prayer for the purity, unity, and renewal of the church.
Presence. We commit ourselves to remaining active and visible.
Persistence. While we empathize with those who withdraw, we plan to stay.
Persuasion. We will engage in patient dialogue and loving challenge at all levels.